AFBI is a business solutions platform that links multidisciplinary university resources and world class research with industry collaborators to answer bio-technical, policy, economic and business questions. We do this by:
- Delivering new aquaculture production and nutrition systems that increase efficiencies and profitability in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting fish health by delivering proactive solutions to disease and biosecurity threats.
- Delivering genetic and hybrid advances that improve production efficiencies.
- Creating new domestic and export market linkages for U.S. products.
- Monitoring and interpreting external trends that affect U.S. and global aquaculture.
- Hosting forums that identify aquaculture issues and opportunities and produce highly focused inquiry and research efforts toward achieving specific business opportunity and objectives.
- Delivering specialized training and professional development certification programs.